Do You Need a Product Liability Attorney for Your Asbestos Exposure Lawsuit?
For decades, thousands of companies and manufacturers ignored warning signs of mesothelioma and exposed millions of Americans to asbestos. If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure, you need to understand your legal rights and need someone who will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Here at Pita Weber Del Prado, our product liability attorneys represent mesothelioma victims in Miami and all across Florida. Our lawyers help people with asbestos-related conditions to recover damages from the negligent and careless asbestos companies.
Symptoms of Mesothelioma Due to Asbestos Exposure
It can be extremely difficult to diagnose mesothelioma for three reasons:
- This type of cancer can mimic the symptoms of other conditions;
- The disease is rare; and
- The onset of symptoms can manifest themselves years or decades after the patient’s exposure to asbestos.
Some of the most common symptoms of mesothelioma are:
- Shortness of breath
- Painful or difficult breathing
- Chest pain
- Persistent coughing
- Fluid accumulation around the lungs
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling and pain in the abdomen
- Bowel obstruction
If you have any of the above-mentioned symptoms, do not hesitate to consult with your physician as these may be signs of mesothelioma. Your doctor may order fluid and tissue sample tests, blood tests, biopsies, imaging tests, and other tests to diagnose your condition. As with any other type of cancer, the sooner mesothelioma is diagnosed, the more treatment options are available.
Exposure to asbestos may also result in other serious conditions such as lung cancer, asbestosis, and other health problems.
Who is More at Risk for Asbestos-Related Mesothelioma?
Workers in certain industries are more at risk for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related conditions. These occupations include:
- Workers in auto manufacturing
- Auto mechanics
- Construction workers
- Poultry farmers
- Agricultural equipment operators
- Power plant workers
- Shipyard workers
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
All these workers are more at risk for asbestos exposure and related conditions such as mesothelioma, while their family members are also at risk because of potential secondhand exposure.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Asbestos Exposure Lawsuit
If you are considering filing an asbestos exposure lawsuit, you should consult with a Miami product liability attorney. When it comes to suing companies or employers for asbestos exposure at work, a lot of evidence needs to be gathered in order to prove causation.
With asbestos-related mesothelioma, suing the liable parties can be even more difficult because symptoms may not show for years or decades after the initial exposure to asbestos. For this reason, if you were diagnosed with mesothelioma, you need an attorney to:
- Determine what caused your condition
- Gather evidence to prove that your condition is related to work
- Hold the at-fault company or employer liable for your damages and losses
- Fight for the compensation you deserve either by joining a class action lawsuit or filing your own suit
- Estimate how much your case is worth
- Represent your interests and protect your legal rights in and out of court
Speak with our Miami product liability attorneys at Pita Weber Del Prado to discuss your particular case. Schedule a consultation by calling at 305-670-2889.