How To Get The Most Money After A Car Accident In Florida?
Being involved in a car accident is a scary and frustrating experience. Following your accident, you may need to undergo painful surgery and receive costly medical treatments, not to mention that you may have to miss several weeks, months, or even years at work.
All these can leave you with mounting medical expenses and lost wages on top of your mental trauma and emotional distress. For this reason, if you are a victim of a car accident in Florida, it is perfectly normal to wonder, “How can I get the most money after the crash?”
If you have been injured in an automobile accident in Miami or elsewhere in Florida, the first thing you should do is talk to an experienced attorney. At Pita Weber Del Prado, our Miami car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you maximize your settlement amount and ensure that you are fully compensated for all your losses.
8 Tips to Maximize Your Car Accident Settlement in Florida
There are many things you can do to increase your settlement amount or maximize your damage award (if you take your case to court). Follow these tips to make sure that you get the most money after your car crash:
- Remain at the scene of the accident. After the crash, you should remain at the scene and wait for the arrival of the police. While waiting for the police to arrive and prepare a police report, you should collect evidence and gather information. Take photos at the scene of your crash, gather the other driver’s contact and insurance information, talk to witnesses and write down their names and phone numbers. These steps are necessary to strengthen your claim.
- Go to a doctor. The importance of seeking medical attention after a car crash cannot be overstated. Make sure that you tell your doctor about all of your symptoms following the crash. Even if you feel completely fine, it is still critical to go to a doctor to check for delayed injuries.
- Do not discuss your accident with anyone. Avoid discussing the details of your accident with anyone other than your attorney or doctor. The insurance company can use your words against you to decrease the value of your claim.
- Speak with a car accident attorney. Do not hesitate to schedule a free case review with our attorneys at Pita Weber Del Prado to discuss your particular situation. Our lawyers will help you understand your options and help you navigate the claims process.
- Do not miss follow-up doctor’s appointments. If your doctor recommends follow-up visits, make sure you do not meet the appointments.
- Continue your medical treatment. It is in your best interests to continue the doctor-recommended treatment until you reach your Maximum Medical Improvement.
- Take the medication. If you were prescribed medications after your car accident, you should take them as prescribed by your doctor.
- Go back to work if you are able to. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may be able to return to work days or weeks after your accident. Talk to your doctor to determine whether or not you can work while recovering from your injury.
Let our skilled and results-driven attorneys at Pita Weber Del Prado help you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. We are committed to helping you get the most money you deserve. Call 305-670-2889 for your case evaluation.