Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Pita, Weber & Del Prado Trial Attorneys
  • Personal Injury
  • ~
  • Wrongful Death
  • ~
  • Medical Malpractice

What Doctors Should You Visit After A Car Crash?


A car accident is one of the most stressful and nerve-racking experiences. Many car accident victims do not understand what doctors they should visit after a car crash.

However, it is critical to seek medical attention as soon as possible if you have been involved in a car accident. In fact, you should visit a doctor even if you feel fine.

Visiting doctors and diagnosing your injury is important to:

  1. Start the right treatment; and
  2. Strengthen your insurance claim.

Following a car crash, you need to understand what doctors you should visit to seek medical attention and document your injuries. Speak with our Miami car accident lawyer if you have been involved in a motor vehicle crash and do not know how to proceed.

Emergency Room (ER)

A common misconception is that you only need to go to an emergency room if you have suffered a severe injury or lost consciousness after a car accident. Contrary to popular belief, it is a good idea to visit an ER even if your injury does not seem severe or it does not appear that you were injured at all.

In many cases, it is advisable to go to an emergency room after a car accident and then follow up with your primary care physician.

Primary Care Physician

After a trip to an emergency room to evaluate your injury after a car accident, it is a good idea to follow up with your primary care physician to start the proper medical treatment based on your pre-existing conditions, medical history, and severity of injuries.

When visiting your primary care physician, you may be prescribed medication to alleviate pain. Additionally, your physician may order additional tests to properly diagnose your condition.

Depending on the severity of your injury, your primary care physician may refer you to a medical specialist to conduct an in-depth evaluation.

Medical Specialist

You may be referred to a medical specialist to better diagnose your injury. The medical specialist you are referred to may be specialized in the area of your body that was damaged in the accident.

It is important to visit a medical specialist you are referred to by your primary care physician. If you do not follow your doctor’s orders, your insurance company may undervalue or deny your claim by arguing that your injury is not as serious as you claim since you did not feel the need to visit a medical specialist.

Physical Therapy

Depending on the severity of your injury caused by a car crash, your primary care physician may also refer you to physical therapy. Physical therapy may be necessary to reduce or eliminate pain and help you regain your mobility.

Regardless of the type of medical treatment you receive while recovering from your car accident injury, you need to keep records related to your treatment. Medical records, bills, receipts, and other related documents will help you calculate damages and obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.

If you have been injured in a car crash, contact a knowledgeable lawyer to discuss what type of compensation you can seek. Our attorneys at Pita Weber Del Prado can help you obtain maximum compensation you deserve regardless of the type of treatment you receive. Call 305-670-2889 to receive a consultation.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation