What To Do When An Uber Accident In Miami Happens
Ridesharing companies provide a valuable service and have become a routine part of many of our lives. However, do you know what to do if an Uber accident happens during your trip? What about if you are injured as a motorist, bicyclist, or pedestrian in an accident involving a ridesharing driver? Our Miami personal injury lawyer shares tips to help protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim.
Ridesharing Accidents Increasingly Common
According to a January 21, 2023 Local 10 News report, a passenger was seriously injured in a recent Uber accident in Miami. It occurred in the early morning hours at the Palmetto Expressway exit ramp, near Southwest 40th Street and Bird Road. Police reports indicate it was a wrong-way crash involving two vehicles, but did not specify whether the Uber driver or the other motorist was to blame.
Ridesharing was once credited as being one of the safest ways to travel and helping to reduce the number of drunk driving accidents. However, as the number of ridesharing drivers on the road has increased over the past decade, so have the risks in terms of Uber accidents. Common ways they can happen include:
- Uber car accidents, involving collisions with fixed objects or other motorists, as in the above case;
- Uber passenger accidents, such as being jolted or thrown from your seat due to sudden stops or other movements;
- Uber pedestrian accidents, common while waiting for rides, departing a vehicle, or when crossing local intersections;
- Uber bicycle accidents, which are common along busy local bike routes.
Protecting Yourself When An Uber Accident In Miami Happens
When any type of Uber accident happens, notify the police immediately. Make sure an accident report is completed, noting the name of the driver, the ridesharing company they work for, their vehicle registration number, and insurance information. Other steps to protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim include:
- Get information for other motorists involved, as they may share a portion of the blame;
- Gather evidence, such as contact info for witnesses and photos of the scene;
- Seek medical attention immediately, regardless of the severity of your injuries;
- Contact our Miami personal injury lawyer for trusted legal guidance in filing a claim.
Uber accidents can happen due to negligence on the part of the driver, the company they work for, or others involved. While Uber offers $1 million in insurance coverage, it is only in effect in certain situations. To protect yourself and your rights in a claim, contact our office before making any statements or accepting any settlements.
Contact Our Miami Personal Injury Lawyer Today
As multiple parties may be involved, Uber accidents in Miami are among the most complex types of cases. To get the compensation you need to recover, get Pita Weber Del Prado on your side. We provide trusted legal guidance in dealing with ridesharing companies and their insurers. Call 305-670-2889 or contact our office online and request a consultation today.