Miami Condo Building Collapse Lawyers
PWD ACTION TAKEN SO FAR IN SURFSIDE CONDO COLLAPSE
- Retained Major Forensic Structural Engineering Firm
- Sued the Condo Assoc.
- Served Discovery on Condo Assoc. to Identify other Responsible Parties and obtain Relevant Documents, Photos, etc.
- Preparing Subpoenas that will be served as soon as Rules of Court permit
- Insurance and Evidence Preservation Demand to Condo Assoc.
- Insurance and Evidence Preservation Demand to Engineering Group
- Public Records Request to Town of Surfside
- Public Records Request to Miami-Dade County
- Public Records Request to Florida International University Re Environmental Study that highlighted problems with the Condo Building
We are continuing to take action everyday in the pursuit of truth.
- Presiding Circuit Court Judge Michael Hanzman has appointed PWD to serve on the steering committee for wrongful death and personal injury plaintiffs in the Surfside Condominium collapse case.
- SupportSurfside.org– The Coral Gables Community Foundation, The Key Biscayne Community Foundation, The Knight Foundation, The Miami Foundation, Miami HEAT and Miami HEAT Charitable Fund are standing together to build a hardship fund for those impacted.
- United Way – Operation Helping Hands– Donate to help families affected by this tragedy. You can also sign up to be an emergency relief volunteer.
- The Chesed Fund– In response to the terrible tragedy which struck the Miami community The Shul of Bal Harbour has created a central fund to be dispersed as needed directly to the victims and families.
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation– An emergency assistance fund has been opened by the Greater Miami Jewish Federation to meet the short-term and long-term needs of those in our community affected by the tragedy in Surfside.
- SurfsideStrength.com– Affected families, first responders and the general community can access emotional support and assistance resources, including hotlines for crisis support.
- FEMA– Disaster response is a whole community effort and FEMA is working closely with our partners in government, the private sector, and voluntary and faith-based organizations to help survivors of the Champlain Towers South building collapse and next of kin of lost loved ones.
Please visit www.supportsurfside.org to learn more about the building collapse in Surfside, Florida as well as to support those impacted by the devastating collapse.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the families of the Champlain Towers South Condo in Surfside, Florida which collapsed on June 24th. Pita Weber & Del Prado are available 24/7 to help anyone looking for legal advice or information on the collapse. Contact our law firm today or call 305-670-2889.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in in the Surfside condo building collapse you will want to retain an experienced award winning law firm to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. If you or someone you know was involved in the Surfside condo collapse contact the attorneys at Pita Weber & Del Prado for a free and confidential case evaluation.
The American Red Cross is helping displaced residents find new places to stay. The group is also offering emotional and spiritual support to the survivors and families of the tragedy. To donate click here.
Miami Premises Liability & Wrongful Death Attorneys
The collapse of deck. Parking lot pot holes from lack of maintenance. Homeowners with sink holes in their yards. Retailers and Homeowners with conditions that violate the building code. All of these are examples of dangers that can lead to accidents, all too often serious and leading to extensive surgery. All of these are examples of — “Premises Liability Cases.”
Our attorneys waste no time getting to the premises and looking at the hazard with trained eyes. We make the responsible party take all steps to preserve the area so that we can fully examine and photograph it before any changes are made to it. We make the responsible party preserve all video surveillance, photos and all other available evidence of what happened to you. From the start, we do everything to put your case together the right way, the winning way.